Covid 19 Response
Visitors of the shelter:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Masks are not required at this time. However, they are highly recommended.
Staff and Clients:
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged. When in shared spaces always try to maintain 6 feet of space between yourself and other individuals. We recommend using the outdoor space whenever possible to socialize.
- Double rooms will not be utilized at this time to ensure that clients can maintain safe distances.
- Masking is strongly recommended
- If you are symptomatic, you must wear a mask and test or isolate (rapid testing is available for clients).
- If you test positive for Covid-19 or other contagious illnesses you will be required to isolate yourself. Staff will help ensure your needs are met while you stay in your room.
- Refusal to follow the process for contagious illness is considered a safety violation as it impacts staff, clients, and visitors. Safety violations can result in immediate discharge from the shelter program.
If at anytime the shelter experiences a surge of infectious diseases with the spread reaching 25% of combined staff and clients masks will be mandated and evaluated for further precautions.
The amount of time that isolation or quarantine is required will be determined by shelter management using CDC, state, and or local health agency's input.