Eligibility Guidelines for Potential Residents to be considered for residency at A Place For You
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a single male or female (families will be referred to New Pathways in Cambridge, MN)
- Must have an ID or be willing to obtain one.
- Must live within Southern Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec,
Mille Lacs, or Pine Counties for seven (7) days or be
receiving verifiable services from a county within the service
- Must have No convictions for violent crimes against persons
in the past 2 years. Crimes prior two (2) year time frame will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Sex crimes, arson, or weapons charge charge/conviction will not be accepted into the shelter. Persons, whose criminal history designates them as a “predatory offender” also will not be accepted into the shelter.
- Drug and Alcohol testing will be conducted at the time of
intake. If the test is positive for drugs or alcohol, the potential resident can be admitted with restrictions.
- Be medically compliant
- Be verifiably homeless
While Living At The Shelter, A Person Needs To Comply With Shelter Rules
- Be putting in maximum effort on their case plan
- Be checked into the building by 10 P.M. nightly
- Participate in daily chores assigned to them
Although these are not all of the rules, these are the beginning steps to community living.